Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A little more than 4 months ago, we were blessed with the birth of our second daughter, Nadia Neoma Rose Hill. She was delivered by a scheduled c-section, with a waiting room full of family and a very anxious big sister, and everything went perfectly. I will never forget the moment she was born... Elliot had been very calm and collected watching as the doctor did his thing, then all of a sudden, he gets tears in his eyes and says "I can see her feet!" At that point, my tears began to flow as I waited for my chance to see my new little girl as she was lifted from behind the blue surgical sheet. I don't think you can ever get used to that moment, no matter how many children you might have. She was perfect, at 8 pounds 5 ounces, and 21 inches long. After the nurses cleaned her up a little, they handed her to Elliot, and he brought her down to my face where I could see her up close. I was in love instantly. The memories came back to the moment over 6 years ago when I was in this same situation, only I was meeting my precious Lydibug for the first time. How lucky am I to have two such beautiful baby girls? Very lucky indeed.

No comments: